We were approached by Grizedale to supply a selection of veg for their exhibition, Coliseum of the Consumed, a collaborative project with the Yangjiang Group, for FRIEZE Art Fair. Donna rallied the troops and St Helen’s Primary School and some of our gardeners at Vetch Veg donated a great selection of seasonal produce, which was couriered to Regents Park for the fair. A huge thanks from us for allowing Vetch Veg to be part of this work!
The events took place within a structure almost like a viewing platform, a cross between a roman amphitheatre and a cricket pavilion. Within this space, meals, performances, talks and events took place during the fair, VV produce was made into meals, soups, smoothies and musical instruments.
The stalls were manned by the organisations, groups and individuals who donated produce to Grizedale for the event. Vetch Veg representatives had a great time and documented the donations from Swansea.
More images of VV at Frieze here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/carysabertawe/sets/72157631758148032/
Alistair Hudson of Grizedale at Vetch Veg http://thefestivalofideas.tumblr.com
- A proper beach lido for the Sandfields.
- To build a tall slide from the big tower that goes all the way into the sea so that on a high tide you can slide straight into the water.
- Bring back the velodrome!
- Make Swansea an international free zone.
- Mobile swap shop installations / cupboards with drawers where you can put stuff you don’t want in one drawer and take stuff you need from another.
- To redevelop missing bridge from Sandfields over Oystermouth Road to the sea – landscape it – it can be done we’ve seen pictures!
Sandfields Festival of Ideas blog, connect below: